Learn more about English Short Stories: The Cat and the Ghost (CEFR C1+)!
Learn all about the latest book in the English Short Stories series: The Cat and the Ghost (CEFR Level C1+) by Rob Averies.
CLICK HERE to order/download your copy on Amazon!
Looking for new ways to use and expand upon your English knowledge? Would you like to pursue your interests in English, but not sure where to go? Here is a list of 5 useful and interactive websites that English learners can make the most of during lockdown.
- TED: ideas worth spreading. If you have an inquisitive mind and like learning new things, then this is the place to go. Educational talks across a wide range of fields means that anyone can find something of interest. What’s more, subtitle options and specific English-learner content make it an excellent tool for language learners.
- Conversation Exchange – language learning with native speakers. This is a website that I have used lots on my travels. All you need to do is create a simple profile and search for a language partner that can provide you with written or face-to-face (e.g. via Skype or Zoom) practice. The sky really is the limit, as you can find language partners anywhere in the world. And it’s free!
- LyricsTraining. If you are anything like me, then you would go crazy without music during lockdown. On this free website, you can search from a wide range of English songs, before selecting a difficulty level. Then, karaoke-style, you listen to the song and fill in the blanks (the higher the level, the more the blanks!). As a competitive edge, you can represent your country by entering your score into the international leaderboard.
- Breaking News English. This is another excellent, free educational tool. Filter by your English level, select an article that you would like to read and then download the ‘Mini Lesson’ PDF with additional exercises. The articles are great reading and contain additional online activities alongside those attached to the lesson PDF. What’s more, this site is committed to uploading stories that come from all over the world, and do not necessarily make headline news.
- The Conversation. Up for a linguistic and intellectual challenge? Then this website may be right for you! The articles on this site are written by academics all over the globe and provide evidence-based, in-depth insight into a topic of your choosing.
Which websites do you use to support your English learning? Share in the comments box below!
Looking for a new book to read? English Short Stories: The Cat and the Ghost (CEFR Level C1+) is available now!
What would a human think if they saw a ghost in the street?English Short Stories: The Cat and the Ghost
What would they do?
What time would be given to a ghastly, frightful, unworldly creature such as a ghost?
In this edition of the English Short Stories series, the reader will come across a city in decay, a dire warning, mysterious lands and a child beyond her years, as they all form part of a story that poses questions about identity and perceptions in society. As you read this book, you will learn that it is not your ‘typical’ ghost story ….
Find out more about the latest book in the English Short Stories series here, and read the first chapter for free!
Reading is one of the best ways to keep our brains healthy and engaged during these difficult times. For this reason, ‘The Blink of an Eye (CEFR B2+)’ has been made available for free download until midnight on Sunday (UK GMT).
The Blink of an Eye is one in a series of short stories for English language learners, designed to give students the opportunity to learn while reading graded, thought-provoking stories.
Follow the link here to grab your own free copy!
Marlene has a mysterious connection with the water, even if she doesn’t know it yet…
‘Underwater’ (CEFR Level C1+), the next edition in the English Short Stories series, will be available on Amazon around the world this Friday!
For more information about this book, click here.
Check out the beautiful new English Short Stories paperback covers!
Click here to learn more about each book!